Just three months after their split, Canadian musician Grimes and Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk welcomed a baby girl named Exa Dark Sideræl – in December 2021. What does this mean for their relationship?
ARE ELON MUSK AND GRIMES BACK TOGETHER?
Grimes and Elon Musk secretly welcomed a baby girl together in December 2021 via a surrogate. The Canadian musician tried to conceal the baby when a Vanity Fair reported was at her home, but she earlier mentioned that Baby X was with his father. So, the reporter was puzzled when he heard a baby wailing. Grimes then revealed baby Exa Dark Sideræl.
So, what does a new baby for the pair who split in September 2021 mean? Are they back together? Well kind off. Grimes revealed the pair are “fluid” and happy.
“There’s no real word for it,” she said to the publication.
“I would probably refer to him as my boyfriend, but we’re very fluid. We live in separate houses. We’re best friends. We see each other all the time…. We just have our own thing going on, and I don’t expect other people to understand it,” she continued.
“This is the best it’s ever been…. We just need to be free,” she added.
The pair also plan on having more children together.
“We’ve always wanted at least three or four,” she said.
ALSO READ: ‘There are not enough people’: Elon Musk on why he has so many kids
TIMELINE OF THE PAIR’S RELATIONSHIP
- Grimes and Musk made their red carpet debut in May 2018.
- The pair sparked rumours of a split in August 2018 but confirmed that they reconciled in January 2020 when Grimes announced that she was pregnant.
- Grimes confirmed that Musk was the father of her baby in March 2020 in a Rolling Stone profile.
- The billionaire revealed that Grimes gave birth to their son X Æ A-XII in May 2020.
- Musk revealed that they were semi-separated in September 2021.
- Grimes reveals the pair are “fluid” romantically – March 2022.
ALSO READ: Elon Musk’s eight kids: Names, ages and baby mamas revealed