World Cup-winning England loose forward Lawrence Dallaglio is reportedly fighting bankruptcy after the HM Revenue and Customs lodged a case against him at the High Court in London on Tuesday.
Dallagio is one of the all-time great rugby players and his named is etched in English rugby folklore for all he was won and achieved. He is World Cup winner, a Lions series winner, a Grand Slam winner, a Heineken Cup winner, a Sevens World Cup winner.
A former England captain, Dallaglio is now a popular TV and radio presenter, and sought-after rugby and motivational speaker.
But according to a report by the MailOnline, Dallaglio is facing bankruptcy. This is allegedly after the HMRC approached the High Court of London for declare Dallaglio involvement.
The HMRC said it does not does comment on individual cases when contacted by the MailOnline. When he was approached, Dallaglio admitted he was aware of the claim by the HMRC, remained adamant that there was nothing to worry about.
‘It’s all OK. There’s nothing to worry about. I’ve got someone dealing with it,’ Dallaglio reported told the Sun.
During a long playing career which began in 1990, he amassed over 300 appearances for Wasps and 88 Test caps during his storied international career.
Meanwhile, England are set to host the Springboks at Twickenham in what will be both sides’ final Test of the season before next year’s all-important World Cup year.
ALSO READ: Dallaglio makes fans’ Rugby World Cup “all-time” Dream XV
SPRINGBOKS RECORD AGAINST ENGLAND:
Played 44; Won 26; Lost 16; Drawn 2; Points for: 945, Points against: 756; Tries scored 86, Tries conceded 57; Highest score 58-10; Biggest win 48 points. Win % 59%.
- Siya Kolisi is the second most capped Springbok captain having led the side in 44 Test matches.
- Eben Etzebeth is the second most capped Springbok lock with 109 Tests.
ALSO READ: Dallaglio wants changes in England camp
- The total Test caps for the Springbok starting line-up is 708.
- There are 322 caps in the backline, with 387 caps among the forwards. On the bench there are a further 197 caps.
- The average caps per player in the backline are 46, the forwards 48, while the players on the bench average 24.
ALSO READ | SPRINGBOKS V ENGLAND: WHAT TIME IS KICK-OFF ON SATURDAY?