If you have wanted to become a millionaire, this is the story for you!
SUBJECTS, UNIVERSITIES, AND CAREERS THAT YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING AT
The latest African Wealth Report for 2022 that was published this week revealed that studying the following six university subjects would help you get on the road to riches.
As revealed, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) have law and finance qualifications. The report for 2022 detailed some of the fascinating fiscal trends in South Africa. The document is produced by New World Wealth.
High-net-worth individuals are defined as having a net worth of at least $1 million (R15. 3 million).
HERE ARE THE SIX SUBJECTS THAT WOULD HELP YOU:
The six subjects are:
- Law (LLB, LLM)
- Finance and Accounting (B.Com, MBA, CA, CFA)
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Computers and Information Technology
- Medicine and Science
TOP UNIVERSITIES FOR PRODUCING SA HNWIs:
Furthermore, the data revealed a breakdown of the top universities for producing South African HNWIs:
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- University of the Witwatersrand (Wits)
- Rhodes University (RU)
- Stellenbosch University (SU)
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- US universities (Harvard, Yale, MIT etc.)
- University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- UK universities (Oxford, Cambridge etc.)
MAIN INDUSTRIES IN SA FOR HNWIs:
Here are the main industries in which HNWIs in South Africa have acquired their wealth:
- Financial and Professional Services – Financial and Professional Services includes banks, law firms, consulting firms, fund managers and wealth managers
- Real Estate
- Technology and Telecoms
- Basic Materials
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCGs)
- Transport and Logistics
- Hotels and Leisure
So there you have it! All the information needed to get yourself the pot of gold.
The report also revealed that Johannesburg is in the lead with a whopping 840 multi-millionaires, 34 centi-millionaires, and two billionaires living there. This includes Sandton.
Johannesburg also has 16,000 High Net Worth Individuals – or HNWIs living there. High-net-worth individuals are defined as having a net worth of at least $1 million (R15. 3 million).
Click here to read more about the millionaires, centi-millionaires or billionaires who live in your neighbourhood.